PS5 aka Playstation 5: It has been almost 23 years since the first Playstation gaming console was launched by Sony way back in 1994, at a time when digital gaming was still a myth for nearly the majority of the mass. Now, more than two decades down the line, technology has moved forward in leaps and bounds and the number of gamers have increased substantially. The advent of the latest technologies like Virtual Reality and 4k resolution on gaming screens make sure of at least one fact that the gamers of today do have the maximum benefit of technological advancement and Sony, for one thing, is making sure it stays that way after the Playstation 5 was announced by the company.
- The last consoles by the tech giants, the PS4 and its premium variant PS4 Pro, have been met with a huge number of critical acclaim owing to the state-of-the-art technology incorporated in the console.
- The PS4 placed an increased emphasis on social interaction and integration with other devices and services, including the ability to play games off-console on PlayStation Vita and supported Sony Xperia mobile devices ("Remote Play"), the ability to stream gameplay online or to friends, with them controlling gameplay remotely ("Share Play").
- The Sony Playstation VR which was launched a couple of months back in October 2016 specifically for the PS4 to augment the gaming experience on this beast from Sony. Also, the premium PS4 Pro which was launched later on by Sony came out with an upgraded GPU and higher CPU clock rate to support 4K gameplay on supported titles. Now considering the fact that all these features have been brought into the device by early 2016, what the 2018 PS5 will bring to the gaming world is close to unimaginable.
Sony Playstation 5 Features and Specs
With Sony there is just no saying what the PS5, when it is actually rolled out into the market by the company with the actual list of specifications but one thing which is for certain is that the new console is surely slated to redefine console gaming on a whole new level. What is naturally expected from this new console are advancements from its predecessor starting from VR-compatible, 4K resolution, the latest AMD chipset to 1700 pixel HD video support - the upcoming PS5 will rock better processor for faster performance. Now these are only the things we are already expecting and considering the fact that there Is still more than a year for the PS5 to roll out, further specifications are as good as any myth which we are expecting to materialize. All of us are.
Memory- What's New
Talking about Memory specifications of the PS5 is probably one of the most speculating topics as there is no confirmation as to what exactly Sony is striving to include in this console. The memory of the console refers to the kind which stores and accesses data contributing to a superior gaming performance.
- There are quite a number of new memory concept technologies in today’s market and by the looks of it, Sony’s next is definitely pegged to feature the latest concepts once it actually surfaces in the market.
- The concept Non-volatile and stackable 3D Xpoint Memory is already hot property offering 125 times more density than DRAM providing optimal performance.
- On the other hand another piece of technology which is on the rise is 3D Stacked Memory although the concept is not expect to roll out any time before 2019 at the very least.
In terms of the key specifications, a ramp up from the PS4 Pro’s features is imminent. The PS4 pro sports 1 TB of internal storage as well as 8GB of RAM. Now the amount of ramp up expected to feature in the PS5 cannot actually be determined considering the primary fact that the console’s release date is well away and many more advancements might just be introduced while the production goes on. The internal memory, irrespective of the type of RAM, will definitely feature a minimum of 16GB. On-board memory is also set to have an upgrade and a minimum of 4TB console memory specification is unprecedented.
PS5 Graphics Card
By 2020, all digital content will be presented in 4K resolution, a fact which is more or less confirmed keeping in mind the fast paced development of the 4K compatibility. The recently rolled out PS4 Pro AMD Radeon graphics engine with 4.2 teraflops of speed.
- It consists of two quad-core Jaguar modules totaling 8 x86-64 cores provided by AMD as well. The upcoming Playstation 5 console is definitely slated to feature an AMD chipset in accordance with Sony’s trend of using Graphics chipsets.
- Reports claim that there has been a specific tie-up between Sony and AMD with the coveted Graphics chip manufacturing slated to manufacture a specific high-end chipset exclusively for the Playstation 5 although details regarding this exclusive technology has not surfaced yet.
Optical Wave Guide Technology
Another striking piece of technology which the PS5 is most probably slated to feature is the incorporating of Optical Wave Guide technology in their console. Though still in the development process, this striking piece of advancement is expected to revolutionise screen technology. The PS5’s release is still miles away and if in time and a mid-2019 release date might as well see the new console run on optical waveguides technology instead of electron-based OLED technology for display and processing.
Now the asthetic beauty of a console, if not quintessential, is somewhat essential. And the PS5 is pegged to deliver highly satisfactory results in this domain as well.
- The new console from Sony is expected to permanently adopt the dimensions and outlook of the recently rolled out PS4 slim instead of building up on the PS4 exterior.
- For those unaware, the PS4 Slim sports dimensions of 288 x 265mm with a height of 1.54 inches (39mm) but it lacks the superior qualifications of the PS4 pro. However, that will not be the same in case of the PS5 which is incorporating truckloads of stuff under the hood.
- Now there have been substantial talks and hints from the company regarding the fact that the next console by Sony will be a state-of-the art gaming platform which will be portable. Yes, portable as in you can just carry it with you to your friends house. Now a major question which is due to arise here is how much it will weight and the answer is that it will weigh a fraction lesser than the PS4 Slim. How will the company incorporate everything into such a small box? Well its Sony
Sony PlayStation VR
The future is VR! In a world where virtual reality is gaining footing, it’s pretty obvious that all great devices will seek to be a part of it. With Sony’s next console still due, there rumors how great the piece of the device will be when used along with the PlayStation VR. The PSVR, codenamed Project Morpheus during the time of the development of the virtual reality headset, was launched in October 2016.
- The headset is compatible best with the PlayStation 4. One of the highlights of the headset is that it is capable of projecting the pictures both in the PlayStation VR headset and on television, simultaneously.
- Moreover, the television is capable of displaying pictures either of what is being shown on the headset or an altogether different picture.
There’s no doubt that the PlayStation 5 will be supporting the PSVR that works either with the standard DualShock 4 controller or the PlayStation Move controllers. Talk a bit on the headset will give us an idea of what kind of improvement we can expect the next headset as well as the console. The PlayStation VR sports a 5.7-inch OLED panel and comes with 1080p display resolution. What the headset does is that it comes with a processor box that enables the Social Screen video output to the television. It allows usage of a 3.5mm headphone and as well as process the 3D audio effect. The PlayStation Camera tracks 360-degree head movement with the help of nine positional LEDs on the surface of the device. The headset is incredibly popular, and as of February 2017, as many as 915,000 units were sold.
Sony has announced that the sales of the VR headsets were far beyond what they had initially anticipated. The next headset will undoubtedly be lighter and even more comfortable and would be a great companion to the PlayStation 5. Both Sony’s next generation virtual reality headset and close is certainly worth waiting for.
Eradication of Physical Compact Disks
The Sony Playstation 5 is not coming out anytime soon with an earliest possible 2019 release date and there are quite a number of things which can change by that time and believe it ornot, Sony has it on their mind. By the time it launches, digital downloads will have become even more popular than they are now, and there will come a time when the idea of buying a physical game over a digital one will seem like a bad idea.
Who knows but the Playstation 5, along with the list of all the revolutionary features it is slated to include might also be the very first to feature digital disks eradicating the use of compact disks altogether. We think the PS5 could take the first plunge and launch without the slot for a physical media. Broadband speed may be an issue here, but we are hoping that by the time PS5 hits the market, broadband speeds will have increased.
Is PlayStation 5 Going to have Two Variants?
Eyes of the gamers are glued to the news and updates from the technological sphere regarding the fact that there hasn’t been too many news regarding the upcoming version of the gaming console from the house of Sony. But here is one for the ones who are eagerly waiting for the latest update. And the newest update is of the opinion that the gaming console might be available in a couple of variants. Now that sounds really impressive for each and everyone who is planning to get hold of one when Sony rolls out the high end console on to the market probable in 2020.
It should be there in the minds of each and every person who have kept an eye on the developments concerning the PlayStation that PlayStation 4 is there on the market up for grabs in two separate variants – PlayStation 4 and the PlayStation 4 Pro. Hence, it should not be too much of a surprise for those who have closely followed the proceedings on that front to come across the update that PlayStation 5 is going to be available on the market in two variants.
One of the two variants will be termed as the PlayStation Core Experience while the other on will be available on the market as PlayStation 5 Pro Experience. Undoubtedly the Pro Experience will have better configurations in comparison with the Core Experience. Which features going to differentiate these two variants of the gaming console is not yet sure, but it can be estimated that there must be a basic difference between the internal memory of the two variants. Pro Experience will surely have better storage capacity than Core Experience besides few other minor changes.
However, one thing is for sure, PlayStation 5 will undoubtedly be one of the best gaming consoles that the world of gamers has ever come across. It will be really interesting to find out how it fares when it rolls out on to the market later on.
PlayStation 5 in 2018 With 10 Teraflops Says, Analyst
Recently analysts have suggested that the Sony’ next generation PlayStation – the PlayStation 5 – will be coming with 10 teraflops. After the launch of the Nintendo Switch, all eyes will, of course, be trained on Sony’s next. A new report by Macquarie Research has revealed that the PlayStation 5 could be coming in the second half of the upcoming year, i.e. 2018 and it could be arriving with an unbelievable GPU performance that is greater than the 10 TFLOPS. This is basically going to be far better than Microsoft’s Xbox Scorpio that apparently offers only 6 TFLOPS GPU performance.
The news had been circulating for a couple of months now that the upcoming PS5 will be far more superior that the Xbox Scorpio so that news shouldn’t be too much of surprise. So one can easily see how exciting the prospects for the Sony’s next console are. One can understand that it’s hard to wait for the console to roll out. At least, a bit new information would be appreciated. Of course, it important that the console should be compatible with the games that are most popular, because at the end of the day, not matter how powerful the console is, it would be pointless if it doesn’t offer the games that we want to play.
PS5 Release Date : Mark Your Calendar to Welcome the Playstation 5
Sony is reportedly working on shorter timeframes between its PlayStation launches which means we won’t have to wait too long for the next Sony console. It means PS5 Release Date should be announced much sooner than our expectation. Now how much is too long? Sony’s PS4 Pro has just very recently been introduced into the market and judging by the pattern in which Sony tends to launch their concerns, 2019 does seem a fair date to consider regarding the launch of the PS5. The first Playstation was launched in 1994, followed by the PS2 in 2000, the PS3 in 2006 and finally the PS4 in 2013. Judging by the year gaps, the tech giants have consistently maintained more or less a 6 year gap between the launch of the gaming consoles. But here, we also have to consider the fact that the PS5 will definitely come with technology unparalled to its previous versions, the implementing of which will take a considerable amount of time. So, when trying to pinpoint to an exact release date for the Playstation 5, 2019 and 2020 timelines can both be taken into account.
After the grand launch of Nintendo’s Switch, Sony is in immense pressure to release the much-awaited PlayStation 5 as soon as possible. Not only that, as Microsoft’s dream project ‘The Project Scorpio’ is in the pipeline, that has also created an added pressure on the Japanese tech conglomerate. Earlier, the rumor was rife that Sony will unveil the upcoming PlayStation 5 in the second half of 2018. Damian Thong, the analyst of Macquarie Capital Securities and famous for correctly predicting the release date of PS4 Pro and PS4 Slim said in an interview to the Wall Street journal that the PlayStation 5 will hit the market shelves by 2018 to stick in the arms race with Microsoft, which is going to unveil their coveted project Scorpio at E3 2017.
But, now the experts believe that Sony might not be able or willing to launch the PlayStation 5 that early. Instead, the Japanese electronics and entertainment giant is going to unveil the hotly-anticipated playing console in the end of this decade. Moreover, Sony launched the PlayStation 4 Pro last year, and generally a new console comes with a minimum of two years of life cycle. So if the Japanese tech conglomerate launches the PS 5 at the end of this decade, the PS4 Pro will get the much-needed shelf life and Sony will get the time to develop a next gen beast of a console.
Judging by Sony’s pattern, there is a very less possibility of rumours regarding the early release of the PS5 materialising, as the tech company is riding on the success of the PS4 Pro at this point of time. So for everyone one of you eagerly waiting for this monster of a console, being patient would probably be a very good idea as we do not see the PS5 being rolled by Sony any time earlier than 2019, at the very least
Now when you are looking for a console which will bear the best possible specifications for gaming in the entire industry, shelling out a lumpsome amount from your pockets is a requisite. Yes, the PS5 price will be expensive once it comes out into the market but one thing which Sony does guarantee is the value for money and they have delivered. Always. With the PS4, Sony has already showed their tremendous marketing prowess launching the variants of the console over time and the PS5 is slated to follow the same path. Although the chance of a PS5 Slim is almost negligible, the upcoming Sony console might well come out in two different variants differentiated based on console memory or quite possible gaming genre preferences.
The recently launched Playstation 4 is priced at $299 while the Playstation 4 Pro, which is a premium variant offering 4K resolution is priced at $399. Now, hypothetically, if the PS5 does come out at its earliest which is 2019 will see a considerable ramp in the price possibly costing between the $500 and $600 at the time of its release. Also considering the fact that Sony has also opened up plans to manufacture a new advanced gamepad specifically for the PS5 itself, it just might be included with the console propelling gamers to succumbing to the deal